At St Vincent’s Health Australia, we believe that working with patients and their families is the key to providing exceptional healthcare. This philosophy is called person-centred care. It means that we involve you in planning and delivering your care, so we can meet your individual needs and preferences.
In providing person-centred care we:
- recognise that each patient and family is different
- help you and your family develop healthcare skills and knowledge
- support you and your family to make decisions about your care
- respect your choices, values, beliefs and culture.
We hope you will:
- ask any questions about your care and treatment
- tell us about any concerns you have
- get involved in your care, as much as you'd like
- tell us if you have any special requests for your care and treatment
- tell us who you want to visit you and when
- take part in nursing handover and medical rounds
- tell us what we're doing well and what we could be doing better.