Taking to heart our mission of service of the poor, St Vincent’s Health Australia reaches out to some of the most vulnerable people in the Australian community including those from culturally and linguistically diverse communities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people living with mental illness, people experiencing addiction, people who are socially and financially disadvantaged especially those experiencing homelessness, people in prison with respect to their health care needs, refugees and asylum seekers.
For those entrusted to our care it is:
- Provided in an environment underpinned by our Mission and Values.
- Holistic and centred on the needs of each patient and resident.
- High quality, safe and continuously improved to ensure best practice.
- Innovative and informed by current research, using contemporary techniques and technology.
- Delivered by a team of dedicated, appropriately qualified people who are supported in the continuing development of their skills and knowledge.
- Committed to a respect for life within the tradition of Mary Aikenhead and the Sisters of Charity.